header

header

6.09.2014

Here Be Monsters and My Fave Podcasts






Have I ever shared with you my obsession with podcasts?

About two years ago I leaped into the world of all things iPhone and with that came iTunes.  The world of free podcasts was at my fingertips to help housecleaning, jogging, and driving pass in the blink of an eye!  I started with all the usuals...

This American Life

Pop Culture Happy Hour

All Things Considered

Then I started to discover some cool new shows I hadn't heard of before.

Snap Judgement ("Stories...with a beat") was mentioned on Pop Culture Happy Hour so I downloaded a few and loved the combination of short stories all glued together with music to punctuate each one.

Snap Judgement mentioned my newest obsession, Here Be Monsters ("The podcast about the unknown").  I binge listened (is that a thing??) to the first 20 or so episodes while spreading 12 yards of mulch last week.  I really dig the trippy sound experiments and music that accompanies each strange story.  They even dub in different voices when dialog occurs in a story.  It is so weirdly fascinating to listen to and the host's voice is hypnotic to me...I might actually be in a trance right now...

Here and there, I sprinkle in some Joy the Baker for some girlfriend silliness, or Ask Me Another quiz shows for car rides with the family.

Do you listen to podcasts?  Any suggestions for something I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work