header

header

2.11.2013

Tiny Treats


Sometimes when you are hosting a party, ordinary desserts can be elevated by simply scaling them down.  Bite sized is always fun AND you can justify eating one of each!

Here are some examples of some ordinary desserts I made into tiny treats for a recent party.

Above, I have individual Lemon Curd Cheesecakes. You could use mine or any cheesecake recipe and make individual servings by using cupcake papers.  I used crumbled shortbread cookies mixed with a bit of melted butter and pressed them into the bottom of the papers for a crust, then baked.  Ordinary graham cracker crust would be fine.  After they cooled, I added fresh berries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar to dress them up.


My Thanksgiving standby, Eggnog Pumpkin Pie, became tiny tarts after baking in a tiny muffin pan.  Use prepared crust or try Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pie Crust like I did.  A dollop of fresh whipping cream tops them off...these were so good!


 Simple Spiced Nuts can be set out in bowls or served in paper cones.  The crock pot version of these nuts is making it's rounds on Pinterest, but don't bother.  Using a crock pot was actually MORE labor intensive and the texture was lacking compared to my original recipe.


Oreo Truffles transformed into pops are an impressive treat that requires 3 ingredients!  Rather than going to the trouble of propping them up to dry, I dipped the bottoms into real chocolate jimmies and let the bottoms flatten so they could stand upright.

What is your favorite dessert that could be transformed into a tiny treat?

For more great ideas, check out Tidy Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love making tiny tarts with left over crust and filling at Thanksgiving. I find they are perfect if you don't want to eat a whole slice, but I always do, of every flavor. :)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work