header

header

4.12.2010

Tutorial Tuesday with Joy Beadworks!

I'm excited about our party this week - I'll be using Mclinky's brand new thumbnail linky. You can include a photo of your project right in the body of the link!

If you are new here, this party is for your weekly tutorials. What counts as a tutorial? Anything to "teach me stuff" counts - a recipe, a kid's craft, a DIY project, how you got your baby to sleep through the night ... I'm not picky.

Just link up below so we can all pop over to learn something new. (My weekly tutorial is a Funky CD Case)

But first, let me introduce you to Joy Beadworks, a husband and wife team who have created a line of custom, interchangeable bead jewelry.



Joy Beadworks is best known for their custom, one of a kind, handmade, glass beads in a sterling silver ring. Get this...the beads are interchangeable and can be switched out to match every outfit! This is cool, people!



Look at these great cocktail rings made from sustainable exotic hardwoods with a fused glass surface. I love the look of chunky ring...sigh...



And this item is one of my favorites: An opportunity to create your very own bead! Squeal! You (or your kids) can draw your own bead to be recreated in Joy Beadworks' studio! This is the dreamiest Mother's Day gift idea evers!



And check it out - once your own unique bead has been created just for you, she will string your design onto a 16" sterling silver chain and add two sterling silver beads! This is really beautiful...just imagine your child's pride when they see you actually wearing their gift this time! (dude, I just can't wear another macaroni necklace!)



Joy Beadworks is offering a $50 gift certificate to one lucky winner this week, and there are TWO ways to enter the contest!

Either link up with our party (rules are below)

OR

Comment below and tell me why you need cool, interchangeable jewelry. Easy peasy, right?

Please... (this is the part at the end of the commercial when the announcer talks real fast)

* Link up using the link to your actual post (not your general blog address) using your name and a the subject of your tutorial to generate interest.

* Add my button or a clickable link back to this post so everyone can join in.

* Visit and comment with all our friends. Show them some love! Meet some new friends! Learn something new!

Ready? Teach Me Stuff!

Hope Studios




18 comments:

  1. Miss!! I can't get my link up for your party :( shocker!!!!! It won't accept the link to my blog post...and then I couldn't do that thumbnail thing either....another shocker!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anywhoo...have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having problems also...;-(

    MOMMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...now I feel like a real idiot..I thought the Linky thumbnail photos were those Link Within things....sorry Jennifer...;-( Do know how to remove my done of my double entries?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jennifer~I've truly missed my visits, but little by little I'm making my way back.
    Although last month was difficult with our loses a new month has brought new hope.
    I poured myself a cup of tea and read a spell...I've always admired those who can make lamp beads. I especially enjoy watching the creative process.
    I'm so excited to see spring blooms popping up. I look forward to applying the inspirational palette of colors into a few DIY decorations and gifts, with a little baking/cooking in between.
    Don't you love the aroma that fills the air during this season?
    It's definitely invigorating.

    Stroll by for a visit, your company will be nice.
    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...I'm joining your tute party for the first time...thanks for hosting...looking forward to visiting the others!! patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally LOVE the pic mcLinky. haven't got anything to link u this week though - yeah time to get working.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun projects so far! I need the interchangeable jewelry to go with different outfits I have for church and work. ;-)

    Lisa Russell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog!

    Please come over to my blog to accept your beautiful blogger award.

    http://pixiedustparties.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-award.html

    The rules of the award are to share ten things about yourself and pass on the award to ten other bloggers.

    <3 Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those beads are gorgeous! Going to start making jewelry with my girls this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, so I love the general idea of interchangeable beads in the jewelery. And they have such beautiful beads!! I am definitely a ring girl and don't have nearly enough funds to satiate my appetite... so I need it. PLEASE!

    I am loving Tutorial Tuesdays, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new Mr. Linky photo wall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got a great list of links there today, Jennifer!! :) I LOVE Joy Beadworks!! I need interchangeable jewelry b/c I like to wear different pieces with different outfits. :)

    Hope you'll swing by for the Dishing It! party tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, who DOESN'T need cool jewelry? And all the beautiful thumbnails are making me wish I had a project to share. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love the interchangeable ring. The idea is totally new to me. And their beads are so fun and colorfull!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi. This is my first time visiting your blog. I'm coming over from 612 Riverside. I was visiting Theresa and saw that she had linked her wax collage tutorial here in the past. I love tutorials and always appreciate it when folks are willing to explain how they made something. Well -- today is over, so I'm going to put your party with my other link parties. I have a link party on Wednesday -- The Boardwalk Bragfest, and would love for you to link an item (funky CD case) to the party. I'm also going to follow you and would invite you to do the same with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was able to link up!! Thanks for the heads up about this site! Its fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my first time linking to your party. Thanks for hosting and the giveaway. I love interchangable necklaces because I wear necklaces everyday. I'm having my first ever linky party right now. Stop by if you get a chance. There's a giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work