header

header

4.05.2010

Spring Has Sprung! Spring Branch Tutorial



Well, Easter has come and gone and I suppose that means it's Spring? I'd better get crackin' around here, because I'm still living with our winter decor. That just won't due!

Here is a photo of the bare branches that have been floating around here all winter, some are spray painted white and some are natural. They started out in my kitchen window hung with snowflakes, then moved to my mantle for an minimalist after-Christmas look, then moved down into a container on the hearth:



That's a lot of mileage from a bunch of free branches I picked up out of my yard, huh? Well, I'm not done with them yet. Let's make these babies BLOOM!

Supplies:

Small silk flower stem (I used faux apple/cherry blossoms, $2.99 / stem)

Hot glue gun

Branches




Instructions:

Carefully pop off the flowers from the stem.




Hot glue the blossoms randomly and sparsely onto the branches so they look like natural blooms.


Look, it's spring!


Keeping it real...I was gluing flowers onto branches when I was supposed to be folding laundry. Hey, a girl has to have her priorities!


Tomorrow is your chance to link up with your own tutorial for a great prize! (psst! I'll be opening up the post around 10 pm tonight for those of you who want to get a jump on tomorrow...)

DIY Day @ ASPTL

.

14 comments:

  1. I love the Springy change you made:) Simple yet cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made coffee...does that count as a tutorial??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! What a good way to pop in a bit of Happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I have a bunch of those "free" branches you're talking about, so I think I need to get gluing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute...I am going to do this today. I have a vase full of branches spray painted white, with 3 little birdies perched...time for a change though! Love the laundry in the chair - - looks just like the pile sitting in my recliner right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! Maybe I'll make some for a vase to stick somewhere. My fireplace isn't "real"...it's one of those stupid gas fireplace with fake logs inside. So, the mantle is very tiny :( Boo, California!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled it's spring! Wasn't the weather gorgeous this past weekend?

    Judy@cutest-little-thins

    ReplyDelete
  8. I covet your chair. I just thought you needed to know. ;-)

    Happy belated Easter to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd have been gluing instead of folding, too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, I need to do that! Those are gorgeous! :) Did you see the flower balls that Sherry and John at YHL made? They look just like your flowers.

    All you guys.. soo smart... Kind of hate ya.

    lol.. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice way to stretch store-bought flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, i love this idea. unfortunately, if i tried to emulate this in my house, i think my cats would attack and eat the branches :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to use silk flowers as branch blossoms! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! What a good way to pop in a bit of Happy :)
    free classified india

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work