header

header

4.08.2010

School Night Lasagna


Spring sports have begun, and with 3 boys in 3 sports that meet about 3 times per week each...I don't have a lot of extra time after school. Unfortunately, one of the first things to go is a nice family dinner.

Though I have some picky eaters around here, pasta is usually well received, especially cheesy pasta...like lasagna! Did I mention I've been a bit short on time???

Here is an easy last minute lasagna recipe that can be assembled from pre-made ingredients. Let's have lasagna on a school night, baby!

School Night Lasagna

Ingredients:

Spaghetti sauce
Meatballs (you can make these ahead and freeze them, or purchase them frozen)
Frozen Cheese Ravioli
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese




Directions:

Boil your ravioli until they float.

Cover the bottom of your casserole dish with sauce and a single layer of ravioli:



Sprinkle sliced meatballs on top:



Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese:



Continue layering in this order until your pan is filled, ending with cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake at 375 degrees for about 1/2 hour or until bubbly.



Now, hurry up! Your baseball/soccer coach is waiting!

Waterstone Recipe Party



.

21 comments:

  1. Super impressed! I love this whole concept. Easy, italian, I'm all in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick and clever idea...might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quick and easy recipe! You had me at "cheesy"! Move over Rachel Ray with your 30 minute meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super easy ingredients, and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! What a great idea to use frozen ravioli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum...i love using other pastas in my lasagna so it's easier for my little one to eat..but haven't tried raviolis...better put that on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make this too :) I have plenty of spare time...but I'm fairly lazy once I get home from work. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The day I discovered frozen cheesy pasta was a good, good day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baseball starts next week so I will be trying this recipe out! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! That sounds really good... and really simple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool! :) What a great idea for lasagna. My hubby is Italian, and even he said this looks good. I will definitely try this out with his grandmother's meatball recipe! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that I can make this dinner by just "sprinkling" everything :) I know my kiddos will looooove it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what an easy way to make a great favorite dish. Found your blog from House of Hepworths blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found you on SITS and plan on bookmarking so I can look around. AWESOME place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I never thought of using frozen raviolis for lasagna. SMART!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one smart cookie, I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jennifer, thanks for following me at Scene of the Grime! I'm following you now, too and I'm so glad to "meet" your blog. I love this lasagna recipe and will def try it! I also have a food blog that I'd love for you to visit:

    lauriesfoodfiles.blogspot.com

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have featured your School Night Lasagna for my Top 5 picks. This week I picked food and recipes. Please come by and pick up your feature button. http://veronicas-korner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Veronica's.. This lasagne looks fabulous. (You & I both were featured @ Veronia's...I'm glad I found you!!
    I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya
    New friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work