header

header

7.16.2009

Soul Sisters Beach Birthday Smackdown!


195/365, originally uploaded by hopestudios1.



Well, the Soul Sisters were at it again and this time it was for a celebration - Smackdown style! (All parties with food and drink have been dubbed "Smackdowns" ever since we attended the Big Italian Smackdown in the city. We like how it sounds).

This time Joy was the lucky birthday girl and the shores of Lake Erie was the destination. So, five "Sistas", 13 kids, a jug of margaritas, lots of salads and cupcakes all made the journey for an afternoon of fun.



The usual rules applied to the gifts, (the gift must be hand made using $10 or less for supplies) and this is the booty:

A Hope Studios Memory Plaque
The coolest ankle/toe bracelet ring thingie you ever saw from Treat Girl
A mini Costco chocolate cake imitation from Marzipan (the birthday girl swoons over this cake)
A cute hand made clutch that matches a skirt she already has from Girl in the Sticks

We planted our own letterbox thanks to Joy's forethought (anyone letterboxing in the Erie area???), played at a cool playground then headed out.

So, happy birthday to our sister, you don't look a day older...

11 comments:

  1. What a lot of fun! We're going to the beach soon...hope to have a few smackdowns ourselves. Dropping in from SITs...have a Terrific Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still glowing over the great day!!! I think it needs to be an annual thing.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the most fun birthday ever! I just looked up "Letterboxing" and I had no idea!!What a great idea to leave a box from your happy day! I am thinking of going out with my son to find the nearest box!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for the next smackdown! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like way too much fun!
    BTW, Lake Erie and Chautauqua. I'm beginning to think we are from the same general area. Hmmm... ;)
    XOXO
    *Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer.
    I'm such a dork! If I used my first grade reading skills I would have seen that you mentioned Erie. I'm originally from Jamestown. Most of my family still is. ;)
    XOXO
    *Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last time I was there I found a nice gold necklace in the water. I got caught in my hand while skimming the bottom (not that you can see much in Lake Erie these days). Not too shabby. Looks like it was great weather and a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm. Part of me says, "Wow! Sounds like so much fun!" The other part says, "Okay. This is one get-together I'm glad I missed. I don't want to see myself in a bathing suit right now!"

    I just recently did my first letterbox. I tried to do a few others, but they were missing and couldn't be found. Fun though! I even found a "hitchhiker" on my first time out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. talk about a great sort of smack down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun. Love the photos. So jealous that you were at the beach today. LOVE your header, so pretty. And, thanks for stopping in for the partay today. So. Much. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work